In deze blog gaat het specifiek om het leren van vreemde talen van polyglots. De lezers kunnen hier rechtstreeks meevolgen hoe ik mijn eigen vreemde talen leer en krijgen bovendien uitleg over allerlei methodes die voor polyglots heel gewoon zijn.
donderdag 18 april 2013
English: Video about my life as a home polyglot
HOME POLYGLOT = THUIS POLYGLOT versus TRAVEL POLYGLOT = REIS POLYGLOT
Ik heb een nieuw begrip uitgevonden "thuis polyglot", hetgeen precies het tegenovergestelde van "reis polyglot" is. Nou, ik ben een hele typische thuis polyglot en wat de kenmerken ervan zijn dat vertel ik in deze video in het Engels. Natuurlijk heeft deze situatie van mij invloed op mijn manier van telen leren en talen gebruiken.
I have invented a new expression "home polyglot" which is the opposite of a "travel polyglot". I am a very typical home polyglot and I explain this in detail in my video. Of course this situation insfluences my ways of language learning and language usage.
Zijn er nog meer home polyglots?
Are there more home polyglots?
Fasulye
Abonneren op:
Reacties posten (Atom)
Hello, Fasulye :-)
BeantwoordenVerwijderenI am a home polyglot too. :-) I would love to travel and socialize with people, but I have a really bad social phobia... it is too much to even go to Skype. The idea of a language conference sounds wonderful, but... I know it's a bit too much for me right now, at least. I do hope I manage to get rid of the phobia.
As long as I have it, I learn languages to be able to read and use internet.
Hi Ketutar,
BeantwoordenVerwijderenI would very much like to travel, but I have my financial limits. This makes me a home polyglot. So you have a different reason for being a home polyglot, I have never thought about motives like in your case.
I wish you that in the future you will be able to overcome your phobia step by step. There are succesful therapies against phobias. So far you should enjoy your language learning and use your ways of comunication as a home polyglot. If Skype - conversations are to intimidating for you, text - chat on Skype could be a suitable alternative.
In any case the internet has a lot to offer for home language learners and polyglots. That is the advantage of nowadays in contrast to times in the past, when I was studying languages in my younger age.
Fasulye
I am a proud home polyglot, I've never traveled extensively but this doesn't prevent me from studying languages. :)
BeantwoordenVerwijderenThanks for your feedback, Kayla!
VerwijderenSo we are in the same situation! It's gives me a good feeling to know that I am only one "Home Polyglot" / "Home Language Learner" among many others. This gives me the feeling of solidarity. We now have the advantage thst the internet and the modern media facilitate home language learning a lot. Thinks of the opportunities which offers Skype to us! 200 years ago people had to travel under dangerous circumstances, if they wanted to use foreign languages, and I seriously doubt, whether poor people ever got the chance to learn any foreign language. So we should profit from our modern life and use it's opportunities for the benefits of foreign language learning and finding international internet contacts.
Kind regards,
Fasulye
Ich bin kein leider kein Polyglot, sondern ein miese Deutschlerner! Ich habe auch die Gelegenheit nach Deutschland zu reisen, und nütze es um mein Deutsch zu verbessern. Ausserdem ist Deutschland ein hervorragendes Urlaubziel.
BeantwoordenVerwijderenIch geniesse deine Videos.
Alles Gute
Ummagumma
Dankeschön für deinen Kommentar, Paul!
VerwijderenNatürlich bekommst du von mir eine Antwort auf Deutsch. Ich meine, dass ich den Namen "Ummagumma" von HTLAL her kenne. Genauso wie es "Home Polyglots" gibt, gibt es auch "Home Language Learners", das sind genau die Leute, die normalerweise nicht reisen können. Ich sage in Gesprächen immer, dass das Reisen ein Privileg ist und keine Selbstverständlichkeit. Freue dich darüber, dass du diese Möglichkeit zu reisen hast!
Deutschland als Reiseland ist sehr vielfältig in seiner Geographie und bietet sowohl Berge, Seen, flaches Land und auch zwei Meere, die Nord- und die Ostsee. Ich wünsche dir, dass du in Deutshland viele Leute triffst, die gerne mit dir Deutsch sprechen (und nicht etwa English!), so dass du in diesem Land eine richtige Sprach-Immersion erlebst.
Ich wünsche dir einen schönen Urlaub bzw. schöne Urlaube nicht nur in Deutschland!
Fasulye